Thread: Hi from uk
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2009, 06:18 AM
Steel

Default Re: Hi from uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolandbaptiste View Post
I council you to wait and don't buy it.
For push graver and chisel or other the steel of the point depend what material you want to cut, generaly HSS is correct but I prefer carbide blank.
Push graver is very hard to push in the steel and hammer and chisel is very hard to learn.
If I had a council to give you... try to wait and keep your money to buy a good tool directly.
If you want I have the Artisan, Classic and Palm in my workshop, you can come one day to try it here, just to try it will be free ;-)
Thanks for honest opinion and I figured as much.
Think I am going to give hand push a go on brass and aluminum and save up for some thing decent.Yeah I would not fancy the hammer and chisel.
Would just pushing be ok on brass and aluminum?

I am getting on the plane ,Wish I could just get up and jump the plane every where.
Would be a pleasure to one day be able to travel and see what other people do all over the world and there technique.

I appreciate your advice and I think I am going to go the,give the cheap push grave a go and save for some thing like a air engraver,which are way quicker to engrave with too.I am one to go with buy the very best and you won't need to buy again but these are very pricey and seem scarce to find used any where,Can't even find proper push graver points on ebay!so looks like I will be making my own.
Thanks for your reply and if any one else can give me any advice,I will listen,listening and learnings what I am good at and this is what I want to do.
ATB
Ricky