View Single Post
Old 05-24-2008, 06:02 PM
Platinum

Talking Re: Defensive Shooting Practice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Bleile
If I carry an auto that is the one otherwise I have more confidence in a revolver.
I've never found anything that's as nice as the little S&W snubby made of scandium aluminum, and titanium. It's small, light, thin and easily disappears in a front pocket holster. But, it kicks like "heck"! I shot up a couple of boxes of .38's doing draw from cover drills at the range. Then, I figured I'd better try out some of the MagTech Guardian Gold .357 Magnums I had along with me. Two cylinders full (10 rounds) and my thumb web was split and I was bleeding. And, I have big hands connected to a fairly huge body. Even for me... it's brutal. But, it will do the job if ever called upon to do so. The nice thing about a double action revolver with a concealed hammer such as the 340PD is if you have a misfire... just pull the trigger again. You don't need two hands to to a tactical clear as you do with a semi-auto.

The big pistol you don't carry doesn't do any good at all. Rule #1 of the gun fight: Bring a Gun! :yesnod:

But, if I'm wearing a jacket or winter parka... my Sig-Sauer P220 (.45 ACP) is sweet. That's my all time favorite semi-auto pistol for sure. As Sig-Sauer advertises... "To Hell and Back Reliabilty". :yesnod: