View Single Post
Old 08-06-2008, 08:31 PM
Steel

Default Re: R U a Cowboy Action Shooter?

Roger: It's been a long time between drinks but I do remember you and I don't think the forum appreciates the long experience that you have gather for so many years. I 'm an old timer that use to attend the fega when it was first started in la vegas some over 25 yrs ago. You were one of the original
people thatformed tha fega. I also had a copy of that book "the engraver " that you wrote and a fine one at that. the book was a classic proble one of the first into the insight of firearms engraving. and another thing I noticed was the fine work that was pictured in the book of your work. I often wondered what happen to you wnen you left the fega some said you went into security work but nobody was quiite sure or else they didn't know forsure
I'm in my twilight years now going on 90 and not in the best of health but still have the engraving in my bones. I'v been on several occasions going to introduce myself to the forum but thought maybe I'm over the hill. I'm still active in a small way as you see I'm on the what do you call this oh computer
you know once i get going i never shut up thats why i'm always in trouble
this is just to let you know that i consider you one of the pioneers of the firegrams emgraving history John