View Single Post
Old 03-17-2008, 05:45 PM
Platinum

Send a message via Skype™ to Daniel Houwer
Default Re: Lindsay or Grs system

Hy Jim,

My work envolves working for a diamond factory for 3 days a week, having my own bysnis dealing with reparations, restaurations and new work, our Historical Metalgroup Kinheim (every monday evening whe do work concerning replica's and building up our ever wanting want for period tools and accesoirs and such)
(Tonight I was trying to finisch a wooden handle on a huncheback scramma seax I made with a piece of 5000 year old Oak wood found at a excavation site in the north of holland belonging to an old swamp bridge dating back to the early bronze age.:yesnod: )
But tomorrow I have to entertain a 12 year old class (prep school?) with a litle story of how Iron came into our posession an how it worked up till the half middle ages and make some midle eaval fibula's with them. Tomorow evening (just like thursday evening) I give classes at the NLC, a group of amatuer's with sometimes a very high level (love to think because of me)
And in between I try and visit some medieval "come together's" were whe show off our handicrafts. (all pro deo)

And in between I try to visit a lot of college's and since a few month's I'fe decided to spend a day in their workshop to see how they are doing and have them come over to my shop and interreact. Let's see if it work's.

So for the old time things (making casting models out of bronze or bone and stuff) and the visiting colleagues and wanting to be free,
I would love a few co2 cylindres.

The first time whe let the compressor runn whe thought it was broken because the background noise was louder then the compressor was.
Just because I want to be able to use the graver where I want, Ive choosen the Lindsay PC with the posibility to use co2.
With the co2 I can show a lot of colleagues of the posibility's of the Lindsays.
I have more then seven lined up already and I haven't eaven received the tool yet! Most of them don't have a suitable compressor if at all.

Co2 is the answer! And ofcourse i want to practise on holiday's and such.
Best way to show off a great piece of equipment!

Thank you,

The company wher my wife works has recently bought the same microscope I have and is very interested in the Lindsay graver! Just like 2 other goldsmith''s I already know off. :yesnod:
Daniel

Last edited by Daniel Houwer; 03-18-2008 at 03:09 AM.