Thread: Webbed feet
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2015, 09:32 PM
Copper

Default Webbed feet

My order has made it to the correct address today, so I guess that it is time to introduce myself after a fair bit of lurking.
I am Steve, and I live in NE Louisiana. I am a retired professional firefigher.
I have been tooling leather since jr high school and have become pretty accomplished in that medium. After seeing a few youtube videos, I decided that I would like to try my hand at engraving. I met a gentleman that has been using a chasing hammer and chisel for many years. I could barely believe the work that is man has done. Definitely museum quality. He made me a few tools and after a number of lessons, I have been learning to engrave. I'm actually not bad, if I do say so myself. More youtube videos led me to the mechanical gravers. It was a no brainer for me after reading this forum as to which brand that I wanted to buy. I put my order in for the Palm Control Classic Set, minus the burl handle. I also bought an Omnigrind Template for my hand gravers, a tube of diamond paste and a pack of quick change extensions. I figure that should give me a good start to begin practicing with. I'll add more as my skills improve.
I would like to give a huge thank you to everyone who has asked and answered questions, plus created lessons and videos to give someone like me a head start. Your knowledge is invaluable.

Steve Harris