View Single Post
Old 12-02-2016, 07:31 AM
Steel

Default New Classic Palm Control

Well, I'm coming up on my one year anniversary of starting this new adventure into engraving. As a gift to myself, I purchased a used Classic PC. I started with hand made graders and hand made wooden sharpening templates. I slowly moved from my first engraving with very rudimentary bulino engraving and advanced to hand pushing. Then fell into a very inexpensive, used, GRS unit and hand piece. Coming from 20 years in the dental profession, the foot control was an easy fit and allowed me to advance fairly rapidly. I was hooked! I've found my retirement job. It taps into my artistic and creative side and is something I can do well into my 80's or even 90's.

Fast forward to last week and I see this used PC for sale. Well, I've been drooling over the PC since the first time I saw one during my research into engraving. I have played with it now for a few days and words can not express how pleased I am with this hand piece. It is truly an engineering marvel. From the very first cut, it was as if an extension of my hand. Every subtle movement is transfered into the hand piece. It is by far the best purchase I have made thus far. Bravo, Steve.