Thread: New studio
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2013, 06:52 AM
Platinum

Default Re: New studio

May 12)
Well, here we are still looking for the prefect home .I have been trying to convince Franca that perfect is not to be found anywhere in the world: not even in the finest engraving. We (she) have looked at about 15 places and she is still undecided. I am about ready to make the decision for her. There Is one home (The first one we looked at the day after our arrival here)) that has everything needed to make us a great place, except that it has but one bathroom which in her opinion should be two. This bathroom is large has a fine shower, bidet, bathtub with a Jacuzzi and sculpted pink marble wash basin. The house has white Carrara marble floors in the bath, kitchen, and living room. There is a nice laundry room and (Gasp)a dishwasher. There are hard wood floors in the two bedrooms so my feet won’t be cold on those winter nights, the living room also has a nice fire place for those chilly night when one would like to snuggle up and watch a movie with a good glass of brandy. There is a fine view, parking ,fenced and gated yard, lilac bushes, an olive, and a magnolia tree and a great space to for me to grow a small garden. I have been patient in her search for perfection ,¨But¨¨¨¨ after staying in a Very small apartment with no place for the dog to do what a dog needs to do for the last three wks it is time to move on and she will have to live with one bathroom.
Negotiations are now underway with the landlord, things are looking up. (June 6)Today we signed a contract to rent the house for the next four years. Renting a home in Italy is a complex and costly process, now we need to get setup with a telephone line and computer connection, then get the gas and electricity in Franca´s name as it is much easier than explaining the fact that I have only one name. I will post photos after we move in. The property deal in Mexico has fallen apart but I expect it to sell before we run out of money in the next five years