View Single Post
Old 09-16-2015, 04:38 AM
Platinum

Default Re: Lindsay Maintenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giordano&Dee View Post
I am debating between the GRS GraverMach AT and the Lindsay Classic Airgraver. I am leaning towards the Lindsay. However, my one concern is the maintenance. I have heard (and I mean no disrespect) that it is a bit finicky to get it to run properly. Has anyone else found this to be true? What sort of yearly maintenance should I expect to do on the handpiece?

Also, in the description for the Classic Airgraver, it states "Rapid 3/32" square graver change without collets." Personally, I prefer using a quick change system. What are your opinions on the quick change extensions? Do they impact the performance of the Airgraver?

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated.

HI

Firstly Welcome To The Engraving Forum Giordano&Dee.

I was once in a similar situation as yourselves.

I have had the classic airgraver for sometime now and It has not needed any maintenance so far.Just did what the instructions manual said in setting it up and started engraving with it,It is easy as that.It has been approx. a couple of years and it is still going fine.

On that note I acquired the Artisan Airgraver approx. 4-5 years ago (before i got the classic airgraver) and I do all the heavy cutting with the Artisan,and I have so far only switched the pistons,stainless piston to tungsten or the other way.But it has not needed any maintenance till now except while changing pistons I have clean the bore with a dry cotton bud ,which hardly takes a couple of minutes.

The reason I mentioned the Artisan airgraver is that both the classic and the artisan use similar method or technology except that the Classic airgraver has a variable stroke.

You will only need an air compressor and you are off.

I wish You All The Best
SE