Thread: New studio
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2014, 07:53 AM
Platinum

Default Re: New studio

Disturbed Hemispheres.
Been too busy thinking lately to paint .Then I got to thinking about thinking and this idea came into my mind.
The beard
Finally; after so many years of going through the daily routine of shaving I have quit.
It all started in protest to my dear wife´s indecision ( the reasoning behind the painting) as to what kind of a home she wants to become our permanent place to settle into. She is in the seemingly never ending quest for the perfect home. Meanwhile, I only want to grow roots, get fat , write and paint. For her this one is too noisy, the street is too narrow, and the traffic is too heavy. No matter that she is right, I am quite content here. I don’t need more than a small studio and a place to grow a vegetable garden.
The years of marriage have softened me, I am now and old lion with few teeth and not a lot of will power. I no longer drive a car and am content for her to be my chauffer.
Having been there and done everything that I wanted I have little desire to travel.
My bones are starting to ache, sexual desire has wilted away, and my chest is slowly sliding down to become integrated with my waistline. I suppose this is the lament of all old men, at least I like to think this is so.
Anyway, back to the beard.
It has been sprouting now for a month or so and even though it itches I am becoming quite fond of it. Especially since the other day when one of those mysterious creatures called woman said to me “Are you somebody famous” and a few days later while shopping for groceries another one gave the “Eye”. All of this sudden attention made me feels pretty good; my wife has also noticed this unusual attraction. She is taking drastic steps to see that it goes no further: For example, I am now getting coffee and breakfast served in bed. Her cooking has improved, not that it has ever been bad. It is just seems a bit better lately and for some reason, ever since the beard has blossomed I am exempt from washing dishes ,although I still remain in control of selecting the dinner wine, and setting the table.
Life is looking rosy, now that I have joined the unmotivated herd of lazy men who no longer daily shave.

What do you think?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Disturbed Hemispheres.jpg (54.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg the beard2 001.JPG (178.0 KB, 0 views)