Thread: New studio
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 10:52 AM
Platinum

Default Re: New studio

This is what has ended up on my easel today.
Last week I was sitting at the dentist’s office reading through the only magazine there. Skipping through the year old pages of chic- lit one glamour pose struck me as the subject for a provocative painting.
I have been painting only from my imagination since the first canvas after a visual stroke retired me from engraving a year ago.
Having just completed canvas no.34 called Lucky Bob, which was fun and a great exercise in pushing my imagination, but not very challenging, I painted it mostly with my fingers in less than two hours one of which was thinking time.
When I saw this sexy pose my first thought was. Did I have the skills to paint a canvas using the magazine page photo as a reference? I thought about the pose while the dentist worked on me, by the time he finished I knew that I would at least give it a go.
I have eliminated jewelry, extra hair, strings and changed colors but stuck to the pose. I was pleased to find that all the studying and drawing I had done engraving game scenes has been a great help to me, hope you like it.
Thank you for looking, have a great day.
Joseph, author of “A Gifted Man (memoir of an artist)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN5928.JPG (85.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Forbidden Fruits.jpg (58.1 KB, 0 views)