Thread: Hubs
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2007, 11:51 PM
Steel

Default Re: Hubs

I do have some small pieces of 01 tool steel strap (3/4"-1 1/2" X 1/8" thick) if anyone wants to try this. You pay the postage. I can harden your hub during lunch time. If you want a die, two inch round X about 1 1/2" pieces of 01 are about $12.00 our cost. I'll have to check with my supervisor to see if this is OK but I'm sure that something could be arranged. There is a box of broken and cracked dies that could be anealed and turned down and reused. I could probably get these for free. You would probably need to write me and get some details and guidelines. In closing I am saying that anyone that engraves can produce dies for press work.

I was going to write up everything that I know about dies and press work and put it on a disc to send to Steve. I just got my AirGraver up and working this weekend and would rather be studying, drawing and cutting. I haven't done any engraving for such a long time and I need to catch up. I don't think that I can devote the time necessary in one sitting to do the small book for Steve. I will post the information on the forum if people are interested.