Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community

The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community
Discuss hand engraving using basic to the most advanced methods and equipment
Forum Members: 14,738. Welcome to our newest member, nephilim
EngravingForum.com - Domain since Feb 7, 2003

Graver Video Conferencing is empty Join now!

Go Back   Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community > Forums > Gallery and Show & Tell - Hand Engraving Forum
ENGRAVING TOOLS - Paypal accepted Classes Glossary Feedback Tips Sharpening Bulino Videos Forum Policies

Old 09-11-2011, 03:39 PM
Copper

Default Playing around with bulino

Hello all.

Let me begin by saying that I have learned so much from this site and I appreciate all the information that can be found here. With time, as my skills improve, I would like to contribute here for others as well.

Well bulino has been an interest of mine for some time. I enjoy studying pictures of bulino and reading about techniques, but never tried it until recently. This is a picture of my 2nd attempt at bulino. I would appreciate critiques on this as well guidence toward more information on the subject including books and DVD's.

Thank you for your input.

Brian

Old 11-19-2011, 01:06 PM
Steel

Default Re: Playing around with bulino

Im no good at Bulino. From what I can see is that the face needs work. I had the same problem when I tryed it. Im a portrait artist with oils and airbrush as well and mine looked awfull.
Old 11-19-2011, 09:45 PM
Platinum

Default Re: Playing around with bulino

Hi guys and gals. Well lets get some help for all of us going here. A show of hands, HOW MANY of us use a transfer technic and how many do all freehand to do the art. What makes some of the fantastic work done is the total attention to the finest detail in shading and wrinkels and reflections which I see very little of here. Actually you will natureally do these things as you become less satisfied with the last project you did and do another, but studing the subject from photos helps a buntch and a very detailed transfer helps even more. good start. chickenscratcher