Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community

The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community
Discuss hand engraving using basic to the most advanced methods and equipment
Forum Members: 14,732. Welcome to our newest member, Miss Allison
EngravingForum.com - Domain since Feb 7, 2003

Graver Video Conferencing is empty Join now!

Go Back   Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community > Forums > Gallery and Show & Tell - Hand Engraving Forum
ENGRAVING TOOLS - Paypal accepted Classes Glossary Feedback Tips Sharpening Bulino Videos Forum Policies

Old 05-17-2015, 12:59 AM
Steel

Default finaly got the tools set up & First months trys

been a long oddsy to get here .. we bought Steve Lindsey hand set for the wife to learn engraving , she broke her arm and it languished on the shelf in the cabnit for 2 years i loaned the compressor to a friend who is a colt certified engraver for a year and a half . long story short i got bored picked up the compressor and started playing with it myself after being rear ended on my motorcycle . My first trys at bolino and scroll work left somthing to be desired ...so im teaching myself till i can find a class or private inst that will match up with my schedule.... any way here are the first trys i started with cutting on
Ar15 lower i had laying around that was a second should have waited LOL but i think i can salvage it . heres my first months attemts too mimic some of the stuff ive seen my buddy do please keep in mind i have only got about 30 hrs of use of the hand set so nothing spectaular but dang its addicting

Old 05-18-2015, 02:08 PM
Platinum

Default Re: finaly got the tools set up & First months trys

Well, straighten out all the "kinks," swirls and "un parallel" lines, work on line ends, and you should see some improvement. But first things first......draw, draw, draw and draw some more, concentrating on simplicity and flow of the backbone.

Bill
Old 05-18-2015, 08:32 PM
Gold

From another beginner it looks pretty good.
Old 06-19-2015, 04:37 AM
Steel

well i went up to Carl Bleile and spent three days with the man hes a true artist and master of his trade plus a excellent instructor. When i considered the offerings of classes ,Carls stood out since hes a one on one guy. Realy how can you get any real time with a instructor when you have 5-10 folks vieing for his imput all who have a different level of understanding and skill he will spend at least 4/5th his time dealing with you and the others in the class eat up the rest of your time, in three days my work went form this mess
to a more balanced graceful form i now have a understanding of what i should be doing and how to critique my work as i go Thanks again Carl ! i will be back as Arnold says

to this