Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community

The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community
Discuss hand engraving using basic to the most advanced methods and equipment
Forum Members: 13,693. Welcome to our newest member, Z,D
EngravingForum.com - Domain since Feb 7, 2003

Graver Video Conferencing is empty Join now!

Go Back   Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community > Forums > Antique Engraver's Tools -Hand Engraving Forum
ENGRAVING TOOLS - Paypal accepted Classes Glossary Feedback Tips Sharpening Bulino Videos Forum Policies

Old 07-30-2011, 11:57 AM
Copper

Default 49 Antique handengraved tools -J.RUBIN & P.Basthard (Paris)

Hello everyone,
my friend want to sale set of 49 Antique handengraved tools J.RUBIN & P.Basthard (Paris). The set is from France, in very good condition.
May be some one is interesting to bay.
The price is 600 $ + shipping.
Please feel free to ask any question.
You can contact me via email at: burki3@yahoo.com

https://picasaweb.google.com/VBurkovski/ForSALE#

Greetings
Vladimir
www.knifearts.com
Old 09-02-2011, 03:41 PM
Steel

Thumbs up Re: 49 Antique handengraved tools -J.RUBIN & P.Basthard (Paris)

All I can say is
I am an idiot over antique tools, even those I am learning on or don't know how to use yet. Honestly, I am just an idiot for any hand "TOOL", which my husband now says is a dirty four letter word. But the antique tools are the best ones to have, (for me) & swap meets and tool sales bring out the little kid in me. This is just a beautiful set & I congratulate you! Sometimes, when using and old tool it almost feels like you can tap into the former owners residual energies as you use them. It's a fantastic feeling.
It was humorous to me as I was setting up my home studio again after our recent flood. I brought down my toaster oven (for baking FEMO clays), a pasta machine, (again for work with FEMO), a small refrigerator (for storing PMC and certain stone adhesives and etching acids) and we installed a sink (for just about anything I needed), then I also have have a crock pot for "pickling" and much more. My husband accused me of wanting to live down there and said I was ready to cook all my meals in between metalsmithing. All I would need is to install a toilet, and he said if he threw me down some gruel every now & then he might never see me again, although I would be a happy camper!
He is mostly right, I do need a downstairs "powder" and some occasional food. I assured him that I would indeed miss him occasionally, as well, and he is welcome to visit anytime! LOL

A Very Nice set of gravers! Congratulations on your find!

Teresa
Old 09-19-2011, 05:54 AM
Platinum

Default Re: 49 Antique handengraved tools -J.RUBIN & P.Basthard (Paris)

Resajo,

Check out the link on the first post by Al ;

http://www.engravingforum.com/showthread.php?t=7846

Any good to your collection ?

SE

ps..last day today !