Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community

The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community
Discuss hand engraving using basic to the most advanced methods and equipment
Forum Members: 14,732. Welcome to our newest member, Miss Allison
EngravingForum.com - Domain since Feb 7, 2003

Graver Video Conferencing is empty Join now!

Go Back   Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community > Forums > Who's Who - Hand Engraving Forum
ENGRAVING TOOLS - Paypal accepted Classes Glossary Feedback Tips Sharpening Bulino Videos Forum Policies

Old 05-14-2014, 06:13 PM
Copper

Default New from Liberty MO.

Just wanted to say how much I enjoy reading the different posts. I am wanting to get into engraving. I am currently a Pipefitter, but I have 20 plus yrs in working metal as a Machinist and Welder. I have a Sherline CNC Mill and a Lathe. I also have a Mobile Locksmith Business and thought it would be neat to personalize some of the higher end padlocks and bolt works that I sell. I got interested in this engraving subject as I was welding custom belt buckles and wanted to include some engraving detail. I had a Metal Engraving class in 1982 while attending school in Alpine TX. Anyways, I still have some the of the handmade chisels from back then but now after seeing these pneumatic chisels/ engravers, I think that's where I want to go. I cannot afford to dive in deep yet but if anyone has one for sale let me know. I may be interested in buying one, and yes, I know these are not something that are "for sale" very often... Thanks!
Old 05-14-2014, 06:55 PM
Platinum

Default Re: New from Liberty MO.

Welcome to the forum!

I'm right over in Gladstone - near Metro North Mall. I've got both major systems so you can come by and try them out one of these days.

I'll be at the Briarcliff Village Farmer's Market on Thursday 3-7 with some of my engraving if you want to swing by and take a look.

Steve :->
(KCSteve in most forums)
SVD's Photo Album
Old 05-14-2014, 07:25 PM
Copper

Default Re: New from Liberty MO.

Sounds great! I may try to swing by. I was invited to some of the Art fairs over in Briarcliff because I do artistic welding. Trying to get out of that now as there's just not much money in it. I've gotten to a point now where I would rather "gift" my art away than to sell it at a cheapo price... I also enjoy Leather working but Engraving is something I think I would much rather get into and with my current job I think I have more time to do. Besides the best part of working with metal unlike with leather, is if I take too much off or screw something up I have the ability to add it back using my tig welder. Thanks for your reply!