Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community

The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community
Discuss hand engraving using basic to the most advanced methods and equipment
Forum Members: 14,008. Welcome to our newest member, D_Riggs
EngravingForum.com - Domain since Feb 7, 2003

Graver Video Conferencing is empty Join now!

Go Back   Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community > Forums > Antique Engraver's Tools -Hand Engraving Forum
ENGRAVING TOOLS - Paypal accepted Classes Glossary Feedback Tips Sharpening Bulino Videos Forum Policies

Old 09-01-2018, 11:04 AM
Copper

Default Old copy pantograph

Hello- Not sure if this is the right place for this post, But I have an old unusual pantograph that needs a home. It is an automatic variable ratio copy pantograph made by the Atlas tool co. of Providence RI in the late 1920's or so. Similar to a Keller machine but has a 'back and forth' motion with square tables for the work and master instead of the rotary process Keller uses. Also uses gravity instead of the springs for cutting force. I got it from a master hub & die cutter who got it from a place that made rings. It was used to make low relief emblematic hubs, dies and forcers for jewelry and trophy emblems. Have tried to donate it to the Attleboro Industrial Museum and the Providence Jewelry museum but they have no interest. Also sent an email to Gold Machinery but no response. Also had it on ebay with little interest. About 6' long, 2' wide and 4' tall, it seems to be built on a lathe base. It was high-tech in it's day and only 30 or so were ever made.
Not sure how to post pictures here.
Again I hope this is not inappropriate for this forum.
Thank You
Old 09-03-2018, 06:07 AM
Platinum

Default Re: Old copy pantograph

If only I was a little bit closer - I'm sure you will find a home for this but at 6 feet long it is not the standard panto - sounds a bit like a Janvier.

Roger
Old 09-11-2018, 08:56 AM
Copper

Default Re: Old copy pantograph

Thanks for your comment. Yes, it's a long one- nowhere near as heavy as a
Deckel or Gorton though.