Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community

The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community
Discuss hand engraving using basic to the most advanced methods and equipment
Forum Members: 14,732. Welcome to our newest member, Miss Allison
EngravingForum.com - Domain since Feb 7, 2003

Graver Video Conferencing is empty Join now!

Go Back   Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community > Forums > Who's Who - Hand Engraving Forum
ENGRAVING TOOLS - Paypal accepted Classes Glossary Feedback Tips Sharpening Bulino Videos Forum Policies

Old 03-03-2009, 03:12 PM
Gold

Default Hi from Ohio

Hi all,
I am new to learning engraving. I have always wanted to learn it. Bill Mains has shown me few things and I have had some email chats with Ken Hurst. These are two fine people.
Todd
Old 03-03-2009, 03:54 PM
Gold

Default Re: Hi from Ohio

Thanks Mr. Toad AND, welcome to this board. You are going to find some really great guys here who will always be happy to help you --- all you gotta do is sing out with your question.
Old 03-03-2009, 07:41 PM
Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Hurst View Post
Thanks Mr. Toad AND, welcome to this board. You are going to find some really great guys here who will always be happy to help you --- all you gotta do is sing out with your question.
Thank you Ken. I look forward to learning more.
Todd
Old 03-03-2009, 08:23 PM
Platinum

Hello Todd, there is a lot to look at on this fourm take your time and look around. Questions are always welcome.
Carl Bleile
southwest, Ohio
Old 03-04-2009, 01:54 PM
Steel

Welcome aboard....where in OH are you situated?
I'm Eastern...near a city called Steubenville...

"I dare you to believe in yourself. You have no idea how many wonderful things you are capable of doing."---Brian Powley
Old 03-04-2009, 07:11 PM
Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianPowley View Post
Welcome aboard....where in OH are you situated?
I'm Eastern...near a city called Steubenville...
Hi Brian,
I am west of Cleveland right on Lake Erie.
Todd
Old 03-04-2009, 07:13 PM
Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by carl bleile View Post
Hello Todd, there is a lot to look at on this fourm take your time and look around. Questions are always welcome.
Carl Bleile
southwest, Ohio
Thank you Carl. I need all the help I can get. Maybe i can email some time with some questions.
Todd
Old 03-04-2009, 07:59 PM
Gold

Hey Toady ---- why not get in touch with Brian and both of y'all , Carl included & ride on over for the week end & join the get together ? Love to have y'all .........
Old 03-04-2009, 09:02 PM
Gold

Quote:
Hey Toady ---- why not get in touch with Brian and both of y'all , Carl included & ride on over for the week end & join the get together ? Love to have y'all .........
Hi Ken,
What get together are you talking about?
Todd
Old 03-04-2009, 10:06 PM
Gold

Toad --- see the beginning of todays threads re. "Ken Hurst -- Robersonville, N.C. taking students.

This thread somehow had the idea of having a get together . Bigun also started a post re. having a get together here at my shop in eastern N.C. It started out with 7 engravers but seems there is going to be a bunch from as far as Fla. and west to Ky. and Ohio as well as N.Y. , N.J., Va. , S.C., Ga. Tenn. & Pa. We are going to have a bunch of pit cooked pig BBQ --- slow cooked over coals for nine hours, talk shop, trade tips, tell lies, do show and tell, tell more lies and generally have a good old time. If we can get enough people to send an email to this thread & the other one, I will be able to get a block rate at a local motel for y'all. Post if you are coming. I also need to know how many are going to be here so as to be sure we don't run out of BBQ and such stuff.
Old 03-06-2009, 03:50 PM
Gold

Hi Ken,
Is this event on May 2nd? It sounds like fun. Did you get a block of rooms at a hotel/motel? I might be a fish out of water being a newby.
Todd
Old 03-06-2009, 04:18 PM
Gold

TOAD and ALL ----- I Need for thgose coming to send me an email stateing they want over night accomidations. When I get enough people who sign up, I'll present this to the motel in order to get a block rate & will post it on this thread. Send me confermation now so I can get started on this.

Toad --- this is open to anyone who wants to come no matter how inexperienced. The idea is to have a gathering of folks who share a common interest. We who have the experience are here to help. The even is on the 2nd and 3rd of May --- the first week end of the month.
Old 03-10-2009, 11:12 AM
Gold

Hi Ken,
May 2nd should work for me. I will give you a call.
Todd

Quote:
TOAD and ALL ----- I Need for thgose coming to send me an email stateing they want over night accomidations. When I get enough people who sign up, I'll present this to the motel in order to get a block rate & will post it on this thread. Send me confermation now so I can get started on this.

Toad --- this is open to anyone who wants to come no matter how inexperienced. The idea is to have a gathering of folks who share a common interest. We who have the experience are here to help. The even is on the 2nd and 3rd of May --- the first week end of the month.