Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community

The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community
Discuss hand engraving using basic to the most advanced methods and equipment
Forum Members: 14,732. Welcome to our newest member, Miss Allison
EngravingForum.com - Domain since Feb 7, 2003

Graver Video Conferencing is empty Join now!

Go Back   Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community > Forums > WaterCooler
ENGRAVING TOOLS - Paypal accepted Classes Glossary Feedback Tips Sharpening Bulino Videos Forum Policies

Old 12-22-2011, 07:36 PM
Gold

Send a message via Skype™ to CStolz338
Default We lost a family member today.

Kush, My wife's miniature Dachshund. He was twelve years old. I bought him as a Birthday present for my wife. The last couple of years he'd had thyroid problems and was allergic to the medication, so next to no treatment was possible for him. We changed diets and did everything we could but the last few weeks his health had been declining badly. A few months back he started having problems with his hind end and couldn't walk very well anymore. Then a couple days ago he stopped eating and today he started having breathing problems...we couldn't stand to see him suffer any longer so we took him to the Vet and had him put to sleep...it's so hard to let go of them...it's almost like loosing one of our kids...

When he was young and healthy, we used to own 3 acres in Wyoming that our back fence was against 3000 acres of landlocked BLM...there was a huge prairie dog town on it and I used to take him with me shooting prairie dogs...after a few shots the prairie dogs would all hide and quit coming out of their holes...so I would turn him loose and he'd head down the first hole he came to...you wouldn't believe how fast prairie dogs will vacate their homes with a mad Dachshund is hot pursuit...

Here's a picture of him from his younger days:

I'm gonna miss him.

RIP Little Man 12-22-2011

Colin
Old 12-23-2011, 12:00 AM
Gold

Default Re: We lost a family member today.

It is never easy to loose a family member or a hunting comrade.. No matter how many or how few legs he has.

My condolences..
Old 12-23-2011, 03:37 AM
Platinum

Hi Colin,

My sincere condolences pal,I know how you feel.
I lost an australian cokatiel bird and I was devastated.

But you know that the little one is not suffering any-more ,just resting.
Your love for him still remains the same though.

Even after two years I still miss my Sweet (my bird)

All the best.

SE

Old 12-25-2011, 08:16 AM
Platinum

I understand how you feel,my pal Ace is now 12 years old and I see that he his starting to lose his stamina.There is a book titled "Racing In the Rain",it has helped me face the future.My Christmas gift of a new Boxer pup will be born this week.I have not see him yet.His name will be Jack The most wonderful thing about pets is you never need to lie to please them.