Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community

The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community
Discuss hand engraving using basic to the most advanced methods and equipment
Forum Members: 14,741. Welcome to our newest member, 3012Sd
EngravingForum.com - Domain since Feb 7, 2003

Graver Video Conferencing is empty Join now!

Go Back   Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community > Forums > Gallery and Show & Tell - Hand Engraving Forum
ENGRAVING TOOLS - Paypal accepted Classes Glossary Feedback Tips Sharpening Bulino Videos Forum Policies

Old 11-14-2008, 08:59 PM
Platinum

Default Re; 66 winchester

Steve,
I wanted to thank you for doing the tutorial on how to post photos on this forum. Without it I would have never been able to figure out how it was done.
Here is the story behind the sale of this rifle.
I set up at the Winchester Collectors show in Cody Wyoming. The first day a lady came by my display, stopped to look at my work and pointed to this rifle. She then asked how much I wanted for it. I explained that it was very expensive and told her the price. Her answer was, ”my husband told me I could buy one gun at this show, and that’s the one I want”. Later they both came by and he tried to negociate a better price. I was so sure that the lady was going to have her way that I would not reduce my price.
I did not see them again and thought the sale was not going to happen. The morning after, he came back alone and he wrote a ten thousand dollar check as a deposit. Then told me that his wife’s birthday was in two weeks and could I deliver the gun on that day to his house in the panhandle country of Oklahoma. I very happily agreed to do so. I arrived on the appointed day, and joined in the big party with all their friends and neighbors, attending just to witness the presentation of the birthday present. She got very emotional, and he paid me the balance in packets of one hundred dollar bills. After the party he took me for a tour of his “place” which consisted of corn crops, acres of range land and two feed lots full of Black Angus cattle.
Chris,I will dig up some more old stuff to post. Thanks for your support.
Old 11-15-2008, 06:29 AM
Platinum

Default Re: Re; 66 winchester

Joseph

The tutorial was for my benefit really, as getting to see this fine piece proves.

Steve :->
(KCSteve in most forums)
SVD's Photo Album
Old 11-15-2008, 07:48 PM
Platinum

Default Re: Re; 66 winchester

You've got my support Joseph .... always. Seeing your work is wonderful inspiration.

What a great story behind the sale of this rifle. I'm glad you didn't budge on your price.

I've been searching and viewing the bronze figures and paintings by Remington. This rifle is a fantastic tribute.

Chris