Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community

The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community
Discuss hand engraving using basic to the most advanced methods and equipment
Forum Members: 14,732. Welcome to our newest member, Miss Allison
EngravingForum.com - Domain since Feb 7, 2003

Graver Video Conferencing is empty Join now!

Go Back   Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community > Forums > AirGraver Networking - Hand Engraving Forum
ENGRAVING TOOLS - Paypal accepted Classes Glossary Feedback Tips Sharpening Bulino Videos Forum Policies

Old 02-21-2010, 01:43 AM
Copper

Default Another newbie needs AirGraver

I have just begun engraving and I am looking to purchase an airgraver, foot pedal, and CO2 system for a reasonable price. Please contact me directly at tajxtreme@yahoo.com .

Thank you

Taj
Old 03-24-2010, 07:35 AM
Steel

Default Re: Another newbie needs AirGraver

People love their airgravers i think for you to find one for sale someone is going to need to be loosing their butt, and then you are going to have 50 other peole trying to get the same piece of equipment, you may just have to bite the bullet. but it is worth it belive me
Old 03-25-2010, 03:32 AM
Platinum

I looked for over a year for a used Airgraver and never found one,so bite the bullet.
Old 03-25-2010, 07:10 AM
Steel

Good luck! I have seen 2 in the last year and both were sold before I even saw the post. As others said, bite the bullet and get one, I did and have no regrets even tho I still have a long way to go to claim the title of "engraver". Mike
Old 03-25-2010, 09:02 AM
Platinum

As the others have said, you might find a used system but odds are very low.

Part of this is just the nature of the thing. Because Steve is pretty much on his own he doesn't have a sales force out doing demos and selling classes. The demos and classes are what get a lot of people to buy equipment. A certain percentage of those people wind up changing their mind about engraving for one reason or another and thus their equipment goes up for sale.

With Steve's gear most people don't find out about it until they're already committed to engraving so they're much less likely to decide to sell everything off.

Plus since he produces it all himself there's just physically less of his gear out there so that smaller fraction of people who do get rid of their Lindsay gear is a fraction of a smaller pool and, well... there's just not much used stuff out there.

But the good / bad news is that these tools hold their value pretty well so unless you've got someone selling off someone else's gear (death, divorce, whatever) it usually doesn't sell for a whole lot less than new, so while you're keeping an eye out for any bargins it shouldn't take you too much longer to save enough to buy it new.

Steve :->
(KCSteve in most forums)
SVD's Photo Album