Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community

The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community
Discuss hand engraving using basic to the most advanced methods and equipment
Forum Members: 14,732. Welcome to our newest member, Miss Allison
EngravingForum.com - Domain since Feb 7, 2003

Graver Video Conferencing is empty Join now!

Go Back   Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community > Forums > Lindsay AirGraver Info - Hand Engraving Forum
ENGRAVING TOOLS - Paypal accepted Classes Glossary Feedback Tips Sharpening Bulino Videos Forum Policies

Old 12-26-2006, 01:45 PM
Gold

Default Foot Control AirGraver Classic using CO2

I have not seen this discussed here before but I have found it possible to make my foot control classic portable. I have used it at shows and also while traveling in the motorhome and camping in the woods.

It makes going to shows and also demonstrations so much better as there is no compressor noise, also no need for power that is very handy.

What you will need is a CO2 tank the ones I use are 20 lb. and 15 lb. they came from out local welding supply store. You can get these much larger but the big ones are a bear to move.

A 2 stage regulator that is made for CO2 and is set to regulate pressure not volume many of the regulators are for the beverage industry and are volume not pressure. This also came from our local welding supply. This cost around $70.00 there were some less expensive models.

The 20 lb tank will last me from 2 weeks to 4 weeks depending on my hours at the bench.

One other item I use is a bathroom scale as the high pressure on a CO2 tank is constant until all of the liquid is used to keep track of the amount left I simply set the tank on a bathroom scale and can see what is left at any time I keep the other tank ready to go.

Here the cost to refill is $1.00 per lb so the tanks cost me $20.00 and $15.00to fill.

I simply put an airline quick disconnect on the regulator output and use a short airline to connect to the airgraver regulator set-up.

I have ordered a new classic with palmcontrol and I think Steve said it will use about 1/2 the air my footcontrol model does so this will be even better. I know there are silent compressors but they still need power and the portability of this set-up has been a blessing.

Just want to let you know it will work at least it does for me.

Old 12-26-2006, 02:42 PM
Administrator

Default Re: Foot Control AirGraver Classic using CO2

Thanks for posting this co2 info Tom. This is very helpful!
Old 12-26-2006, 03:08 PM
Platinum

Tom,
Thanks for the info.
I have the paintball tanks to use with my Chasing PCH tool, but I miss taking my Classic with us when we travel.
With this setup, I can bring both tools with me.
Where do you get these tanks filled with CO2?
Old 12-26-2006, 03:24 PM
Gold

Tim,
I get them filled at our welding supply store really they just swap them it takes about 5 minutes I leave the empty and take a full one pay up and leave.
Tom
Old 12-26-2006, 06:08 PM
Steel

Hello,
New here. I picked up a brand new 20lb cylinder on Ebay for $35.00. It is a fire extinguisher cylinder and came with a five year hydrostatic test. I can't remember the sellers name but if you look you can probably find him. They are new like I said and painted bright red. He even prints a sticker with your name on it. Also got a used MIG two stage regulator for $25.00 on Ebay also. I bought it for airing up my tires after four wheeling. You can get cylinders refilled at a fire extinguisher shop also. Anywhere from $12.00 - $18.00 for the 20lb.

I'm still using push grvers for now:D