Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community

The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community
Discuss hand engraving using basic to the most advanced methods and equipment
Forum Members: 14,732. Welcome to our newest member, Miss Allison
EngravingForum.com - Domain since Feb 7, 2003

Graver Video Conferencing is empty Join now!

Go Back   Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community > Forums > Who's Who - Hand Engraving Forum
ENGRAVING TOOLS - Paypal accepted Classes Glossary Feedback Tips Sharpening Bulino Videos Forum Policies

Old 01-19-2010, 09:42 AM
Copper

Default Eagon Leather & Knives

I'm joining this forum in an attempt to add some basic scrimshaw to my knifemaking. A visit to bladeforums.com and a search on my name will let you see some of my work. Hopefully, I'll get all set up on this forum in the next few days.

I have always had a creative need; a need to be an artist. Whether becoming a knife maker was destiny or luck – who knows? In my late 20’s, about 1977, I bought a book, Step-by-step Knifemaking by David Boye, and read it. Having neither the place nor the wherewithal for making knives, the book ended up in storage. Thirty-some years later, seeing retirement just around the corner and wondering what I was to do with myself, three events occurred almost simultaneously. The ‘book’ was found in storage. I was given almost all of the tools for a leather shop. And, I bought my first copy of Blade magazine. I became a knife maker; a cutler.

I have become, generally, the sole authorship maker of handmade knives and sheaths. No CNC machinery is involved and rare collaborations are duly noted. My hand is in control of every tool and process from the raw material to the finished product, including heat treating of the blades and hand stitching of the sheaths. Primarily interested in historical reproduction and renditions of early Americana, my objective is to create functional works of art and usable tools. Every knife comes with a sheath custom made for that knife. Both knife and sheath are guaranteed against flaws in craftsmanship as long as I am able to work provided they are used as intended; to cut, chop, slice and dice. Knives are not screwdrivers nor pry bars.

In order to successfully follow my heart, I make whatever my heart desires and offer them as soon as they are tested and available. Custom orders are not offered; however, I’m always open to suggestions.

Thank you for your interest in my work and for your support of handmade cutlery.

Jacque Eagon
Eagon Leather & Knives
Rowlett, Texas
Old 01-19-2010, 11:17 AM
Platinum

Default Re: Eagon Leather & Knives

Hi Jacque!

Told you this was the place you wanted to check out!
Here are some of the Scrimshaw tutorial threads I mentioned over there:
Katherine's Scrimshaw Tutorial #1
Katherine's Mammoth Ivory Tutorial
Katherine's Tutorial #3 (Colored Scrimshaw)

Steve :->
(KCSteve in most forums)
SVD's Photo Album
Old 01-19-2010, 11:34 AM
Platinum

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueeagonsr View Post
A visit to bladeforums.com and a search on my name will let you see some of my work.Jacque Eagon
Eagon Leather & Knives
Rowlett, Texas
Unless you have a paid subscription to Blade Forums you cannot search.

Anyway, welcome to this forum

CRB
Old 01-19-2010, 03:59 PM
Copper

Roger - thank you for that 'search' info - I either didn't know it or forgot about it. I hope these links help.

I don't think there's a charge for brousing around.

Regards,
Jacque

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/sh...18#post6440318

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=616918