Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community

The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community
Discuss hand engraving using basic to the most advanced methods and equipment
Forum Members: 14,732. Welcome to our newest member, Miss Allison
EngravingForum.com - Domain since Feb 7, 2003

Graver Video Conferencing is empty Join now!

Go Back   Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community > Forums > WaterCooler
ENGRAVING TOOLS - Paypal accepted Classes Glossary Feedback Tips Sharpening Bulino Videos Forum Policies

Old 01-01-2014, 09:42 AM
Platinum

Default Kinky stuff

Christmas morning means not a thing to my dog. At 7:00 AM his built-in alarm clock goes off softly at first. If I ignore him the alarm goes into emergency mode and I am given no option but to quickly get up, dress, and take him for the usual morning stroll. So it was on December 25 that we were headed down the narrow street on our way to his preferred toilet area when I saw a metallic something wrapped in shiny black plastic laying in the gutter. It got my curiosity; Jack and I went over to inspect whatever it was. To my amazement it turned out to be a pair of chromium plated handcuffs knotted into a pair of black silk-stockings, along with a minni- minni skirt and brassier with a heavy Yale padlock intertwined into them. Jack informed me that he was not going to wait all morning so I snapped a photo and left this pile of kinky stuff where it lay. Then we continued his walk. Well I have to tell you that this really set my imagination into high gear. As we walked along I wondered. Who had thrown the outfit away? Was the person a man or a woman? Had some crime been committed or was it just kinky sex? Was the woman naked when the outfit was jettisoned out of a passing car window? Maybe, maybe not or maybe they were both nude and having a great time; who could tell? The only thing I knew for sure was that it was very cold that Christmas Eve .When we returned home the erotic discards were still there and I had come up with the idea of using as props in a future painting. Making sure no one was around to see me make an idiot of myself I scooped everything up, stuffed it into my jacket pocket and took it home. I took a more artistic photograph it for reference, then walked back to the spot where I found it and left it there where it still lays today January first.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Christmas Morning Suprise .jpg (87.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg kinky stuff 001.jpg (75.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-02-2014, 10:34 AM
Platinum

Default Re: Kinky stuff

Hello Joseph,

You truly have the soul of an artist, you see the world and find it curious, wonder at the actions of others and seek an avenue to express your experience. I believe you have let your natural tendency to keep yourself socially untouched by the 'kinky stuff' keep you from finding a way to the express the curiosity and emotional response that the found objects left you with. I think you should reexamine what you feel and what you want to say. You may have an opportunity to express a powerful and meaningful work, I don't think you should let your discomfort/embarrassment over the objects blind you from such an opportunity as it may be those emotions that will bring to it significance.

Bob

or not,
Old 04-07-2014, 08:51 PM
Platinum

muwaaaaaaaaaahahahahhahahahahahahahahhaaa!

Love it!
Most human beings only think they want freedom. In truth they yearn for the bondage of social order, rigid laws, materialism, the only freedom man really wants, is the freedom to become comfortable. - (Sons of Anarchy)
Old 04-08-2014, 06:31 PM
Copper

What did I just read? This forum truly contains a lot of different material...
Old 04-11-2014, 11:22 PM
Steel

Unhappy Re: Kinky stuff

I'm surprised you had the guts to pick it up.
Wouldn't have known where they have been
Old 04-12-2014, 02:03 PM
Platinum

Hands wash with relative ease, minds however ...

Bob
Old 04-14-2014, 11:52 AM
Platinum

It seems to me, from the little I know of human history, modern man has always been more in danger of being destructively contaminated and destroyed by ignorance and nonsense than dangerous organisms (other than man). I'm not sure what that has to do with the found objects other than the what the objects seem to represent to an entire society. I encouraged Joseph to create a work with the objects as he seemed to want to express something he had difficulty speaking of, expressing difficult ideas with art is often rewarding.

Bob