Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community

The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community
Discuss hand engraving using basic to the most advanced methods and equipment
Forum Members: 14,732. Welcome to our newest member, Miss Allison
EngravingForum.com - Domain since Feb 7, 2003

Graver Video Conferencing is empty Join now!

Go Back   Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community > Forums > WaterCooler
ENGRAVING TOOLS - Paypal accepted Classes Glossary Feedback Tips Sharpening Bulino Videos Forum Policies

Old 10-02-2012, 10:11 PM
Platinum

Default Mt01 BEAST Down!

lowsided under an old cager lady.. no idea she even hit me.. pedestrian had to chase her down the road to stop her..

any crash you can walk away from is a good crash i always say

peace out and ride safe fellas

Most human beings only think they want freedom. In truth they yearn for the bondage of social order, rigid laws, materialism, the only freedom man really wants, is the freedom to become comfortable. - (Sons of Anarchy)
Old 10-02-2012, 11:41 PM
Administrator

Default Re: Mt01 BEAST Down!

Oh man Chris! Glad you didn't get hurt! How is the bike?
EngravingArtist.com
Old 10-03-2012, 01:03 AM
Platinum

Hi CB,

I am glad you are okay,these ignorant drivers,what do you do !!??? Did you get the car plate number ?

What if you had someone with you ?
You got damage on the bike,sorry man.

Keep safe I was glad to see you walking there.And nice folks helping you pick the bike.
SE

Old 10-03-2012, 01:45 AM
Platinum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Lindsay View Post
Oh man Chris! Glad you didn't get hurt! How is the bike?
Bike it totalled on front end.. normally not an issue but mT01 is a collectors bike, only produced between 2005 to 2009, so spares are few and DAMN expensive.. pipes alone are 3.5k... thank goodness for insurance

I am stiff, achy but good.. roadcraft skills help, and this accident could have been avoided but i am only new to this bike and overestimated how fast I could flip 270kgs over to the right after i semi committed to the left

he who hesitates is lost.. i got lucky the decision to lowside and jump/roll worked out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEngraver View Post
Hi CB,

I am glad you are okay,these ignorant drivers,what do you do !!??? Did you get the car plate number ?

What if you had someone with you ?
You got damage on the bike,sorry man.

Keep safe I was glad to see you walking there.And nice folks helping you pick the bike.
SE
Ya thanks man, bike can be fixed.. my boys still have a daddy.. thats more important. the old biddy woulda been 70 plus, probably close to 80, the guy in black shirt was behind her and not 300 meters before this she forced a truck onto the sidewalk and ran over road cones near a road works..

If you watch vid carefully you will see about a second before impact i jump/roll then watch the reflection in tacho.. see me standing there, i made eye contact with her, and she STILL continued to run over my bike.. and headed off down the road.. a pedestrian had to stop her to let her know she had hit me..

I have posted this everywhere i think motorcyclists are, and have asked everyone to spread it to their motor cycling mates/forums/facebook groups etc so that if this video causes only 1 motorcyclist to reconsider his riding methods or ATGATT then at least this misfortune had a silver lining

I always say take the best result from any situation and run with it
Most human beings only think they want freedom. In truth they yearn for the bondage of social order, rigid laws, materialism, the only freedom man really wants, is the freedom to become comfortable. - (Sons of Anarchy)
Old 10-03-2012, 11:49 AM
Platinum

You must have had your cloak of invisibility turned on, does that turn on at a certain speed? I'm glad you are allright get it fixed and put it up for sale.
Old 10-03-2012, 04:52 PM
Platinum

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneC View Post
You must have had your cloak of invisibility turned on, does that turn on at a certain speed? I'm glad you are allright get it fixed and put it up for sale.
hoping they scrap it.. its 50/50 at this point, a fixed bike is not a new bike.. and nope.. not for sale..

Still love biking, have had a few stack, one seeing me in hospital for months with 2 years rehab on a crushed shoulder... i LOVE biking.. simple..

my mates that try talk me out of it usually get sat down to look at morbidity statistics.. I ask them to read from the top down..

#1 Heart disease caused by obesity
#2 Heart disease cause by eating disorders (how this is different from #1 im not sure..

anyway, we continue on to cancer from smoking, drinking etc..

depending on your country .. motorcycle deaths are VERY far down that list..

Old 10-03-2012, 11:52 PM
Platinum

Hi Chris, glad you are ok, you gotta be careful of other drivers.
you`ll find slowing down if you anticipate a potential hazard helps, don`t presume everyone follows the rules

Could have been avoided or a lot worse.
Old 10-04-2012, 12:50 AM
Platinum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemsetterchris View Post
Hi Chris, glad you are ok, you gotta be careful of other drivers.
you`ll find slowing down if you anticipate a potential hazard helps, don`t presume everyone follows the rules

Could have been avoided or a lot worse.
Thanks man.. the video went viral, over 2000 views in 2 days so hopefully the message in the comments sinks in to a few watchers
Old 10-04-2012, 01:05 AM
Platinum

Send the film to the local driving schools, it`ll be beneficial to them for both car & bike students.
Old 10-04-2012, 03:28 AM
Platinum

good idea!
Old 10-09-2012, 05:33 PM
Platinum

Ouch! I see the problem. You're driving on the wrong side of the road.

Seriously though, glad you are ok.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:19 PM
Platinum

Old 10-31-2013, 10:26 PM
Platinum

damn.. SO i got a NEW MT01.. and a brand new licence.. and managed to get ONE good ride out of her before the mechanic crashed her after her first service :(

Bummed!

At least I got that one good ride though Picks up nicely after i get past teh stragglers.. around 1m50 or so

Old 11-01-2013, 09:55 AM
Platinum

HI CB,

Is the mechanic okay ?
SE
Old 11-02-2013, 01:37 AM
Platinum

Thumbs up Re: Mt01 BEAST Down!

Up Hill Run-Great video, wish I could take a ride like that once in my lifetime. Stuff can be replaced, glad you were not hurt.
Old 11-03-2013, 01:52 AM
Platinum

Yeap, he is ok.. nice young fella.. just really bad luck.. The MT isa deceptively powerfull bike.. (like a 1.7l motor wouldn't give you a clue) and it moves realt fast quite unexpectedly.. just an error in judgement i guess, his insurance getting it sorted so alls good.. damage mostly superficial..

Old 11-04-2013, 09:29 AM
Steel

Hi Chris,

That's why I did not see you long time, I hope you are ok.
We waiting for new videos from you, please. Jewelry too.

Vlad
Old 11-04-2013, 11:17 AM
Platinum

Hi CB,

Glad to hear he is okay
The repairs will cost a packet .Its all bad parts REPLACE only because the bike is new, I reckon ?

SE

Old 11-04-2013, 12:59 PM
Platinum

Quote just in AU$7.5K... the downside to a collectors bike... thank goodness im not paying..
Old 04-06-2014, 10:40 PM
Platinum

been running her for a whil enow.. glad to say all good!

(turn your sound down.. and the good twisty stuff starts around 4 minutes in and the faster stuff around 10m in

Old 04-12-2014, 06:35 PM
Platinum

Bought my first Harley 43 years ago. Clubed 38 if those years. Had a semi slam on the breaks in front of me and layed my brand new 77 sportster down and slide the length of the trailer then rolled out from under the truck at the drive axle. Was not a block from the dealership where I bought it. They came running down and checked me out. Asked for the paperwork back and told me I was test driving. Went back to the dealership and got another bike. No injuries. Worst I was ever hurt the motor on my 80/80 Wideglide was not running. Chatting on the side of a road with a high crown, car came along I pulled the clutch in and rolled off the road. Popped it out the bike flipped over on top of me and laid the pipes across my back. the girls I was talking to could not get the damn thing off me so I cooked until the next car came by. That hurt.

Defensive driving, watch everything all the time. Every driveway, side street, passing car, dog, duck everything, always. eyes moving at all times. Somebody will kill you if you give them the chance. Buried to many brothers not to remember to take care of me. Fred
Old 04-30-2014, 04:14 PM
Platinum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Marrinan View Post
Bought my first Harley 43 years ago. Clubed 38 if those years. Had a semi slam on the breaks in front of me and layed my brand new 77 sportster down and slide the length of the trailer then rolled out from under the truck at the drive axle. Was not a block from the dealership where I bought it. They came running down and checked me out. Asked for the paperwork back and told me I was test driving. Went back to the dealership and got another bike. No injuries. Worst I was ever hurt the motor on my 80/80 Wideglide was not running. Chatting on the side of a road with a high crown, car came along I pulled the clutch in and rolled off the road. Popped it out the bike flipped over on top of me and laid the pipes across my back. the girls I was talking to could not get the damn thing off me so I cooked until the next car came by. That hurt.

Defensive driving, watch everything all the time. Every driveway, side street, passing car, dog, duck everything, always. eyes moving at all times. Somebody will kill you if you give them the chance. Buried to many brothers not to remember to take care of me. Fred
I hear that, stacked three times now, once in my early 20's, cost me a year in hospitals and shoulder reconstruction.. paying for that now.. my shoulder aches like a bastard on cold days.. second time i went in under the sweetest old ladies car (in her late 80's) when she just turned in front of me... crushed the front end of my bike.. the fact that she was old was the only thing that kept me sticking my foot up her sphincter.. she didnt even know she hit me.. a pedestrian had to chase her down the road and stop her.. I saw to it her licence was cut up and she bought me a new ride..

the last time I ran over a scooter rider.. completely wrote off his Vespa, and bent my brake lining.. and smashed my knee... i have to go for an op to have it "ground down" .. not looking forward to that...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.jpg (72.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-30-2014, 04:17 PM
Platinum

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEngraver View Post
Hi CB,

Glad to hear he is okay
The repairs will cost a packet .Its all bad parts REPLACE only because the bike is new, I reckon ?

SE

every single piece, no matter how slight the scratch was replaced..

Old 05-02-2014, 06:26 AM
Platinum

Cris
Here is a new painting I am working on. Inspiration comes from you and your bike rides
Attached Images
File Type: jpg road trip 001.jpg (57.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-06-2014, 09:54 PM
Platinum

Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph engraver View Post
Cris
Here is a new painting I am working on. Inspiration comes from you and your bike rides
AWESOME! I am stoked about that!
Old 05-09-2014, 04:20 PM
Platinum

Few more clips for you then Joseph!

The local dams.. heaps of twisties

scooting around the city.. 3x speed over the boring bit, the missing parts are a road race that happens.. glad i never went out last night.. copper bust a heap of guys last night, waiting for them.

huge trip to Young and back.. 980km return, fetured a bike written off, an arrest, one licence suspended, and a heap of us tossed out the pub..
after about 6-7 minutes the video is blurred.. on purpose (my speedo visible)

and todays run around three of the local ferries!

Nan Tien temple run

Old 12-22-2014, 06:28 PM
Platinum

Been riding forty five years. Motorcycles are a Defensive Sport! Eye move all the time. Watch every driveway, side street. curve, intersection and every on-coming vehicle. They will Kill You! Fred