Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community

The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community
Discuss hand engraving using basic to the most advanced methods and equipment
Forum Members: 14,732. Welcome to our newest member, Miss Allison
EngravingForum.com - Domain since Feb 7, 2003

Graver Video Conferencing is empty Join now!

Go Back   Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community > Forums > Lindsay AirGraver Info - Hand Engraving Forum
ENGRAVING TOOLS - Paypal accepted Classes Glossary Feedback Tips Sharpening Bulino Videos Forum Policies

Old 02-15-2008, 12:16 AM
Platinum

Default Upgrade to PalmControl AirGraver

Steve,

My upgrade from foot pedal Classic to Palm is now running and took about two minutes to connect up with its dedicated air regulator. Thank you for allowing me to put my initials on this particular unit while visiting your booth in Reno. It was fun to try some baby steps with the Palm, albeit a bit embarrassing with all those top notch engravers crowding your booth and watching me on the video behaving like a drunk driver, but you were kind and encouraging, and it was remarkable how swiftly the unit got to feel natural in my hand. I started out with "phantom" heavy foot pressing into the carpet ...my muscle memory is so attuned to foot pedal control, but again I have weaned myself away from that auto response quite fast, by going back to push engraving for a bit, and then to your Palm unit. Straight out of the box, the unit was purring like a contented cat and your settings seems perfect for my touch.

I have said it before, I am an unabashed collector of great tools, and pretty good at using the tools associated with my main trade as a flute maker, but presently my engraving skill levels do not warrant such a sweet tool, however I am confident that I will improve and hold out the hope that I can be a match for the Palm's sensitivity with continued practice. It is fun to use, and as a tool maker I love to admire the good designs of others, so thank you for your efforts on our behalf in offering this unit to engravers.

Dave London got me started last year when he came by Coincutter's studio while I was visiting. He pulled his Palm out of his pocket and gave me a test drive. Thanks, Dave! Hey, Steve E ! I have been trying stippling, thanks for your tip, about using old diamond friction grip dental burs mounted into 3/32 brass shanks (not rotating, but used as a pneumatic hammer). I can get very precise control and even texture using them on silver. So I owe you a cup of coffee!

best

Rod

Last edited by rod; 02-15-2008 at 11:00 AM.
Old 02-15-2008, 07:45 PM
Platinum

Default Re: Upgrade to Palm

Hi Rod
No resisting the PC force :smilie5: Tools some one say tools help me I am a addict