Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community

The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community
Discuss hand engraving using basic to the most advanced methods and equipment
Forum Members: 14,732. Welcome to our newest member, Miss Allison
EngravingForum.com - Domain since Feb 7, 2003

Graver Video Conferencing is empty Join now!

Go Back   Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community > Forums > AirGraver Networking - Hand Engraving Forum
ENGRAVING TOOLS - Paypal accepted Classes Glossary Feedback Tips Sharpening Bulino Videos Forum Policies

Old 09-19-2010, 08:41 AM
Steel

Question Anyone in the Toledo or surrounding areas?

Hello Forum members. I am asking here for some recommendations. I have done minor hand engraving on my jewelry projects for a few years and my hand strength is not good, so I have been very limited on what I can do. I am a jewelry artist and would very much like to "draw" in metal, (mostly Sterling and gold). I am pretty sure what I want to do is very different from embellishing with scroll work, etc. I really like the idea of the Palm Control graver, as I do a ton of drawing and I think the palm control would be the best to learn if I am going to learn a machine. I am considering going with the regulator set up that would work with the portable compressed air tanks, as I don't really need a larger machine. (At least I don't think so)
One of my problems is that I am having a hard time understanding from the online catalog what I need to purchase to get my set up going (I already own several hand gravers in different shapes and sizes, sharpening stones, jigs and the micro finishing paper for sharpening).
I would like very much to see the various power engraving tools in action before I commit to spending so much money, and perhaps try it out as well.
Is there anyone around Toledo, Ohio who has any of the Lindsey graver products? Thanks so much.
Teresa
Old 09-20-2010, 03:04 PM
Copper

Default Re: Anyone in the Toledo or surrounding areas?

Teresa, I have a foot control Classic airgraver. This is the graver Steve makes the palm control graver out of. It is a very well made piece of equiptment. I live out by Davis Besse power house. If you would like we could get togeather and you could use it to see if it would fit the bill for what you are looking for. Let me know and I will give you my phone #. Duane
Old 10-10-2010, 11:05 AM
Steel

Hello Duane,

Nice to meet you here on the forums. I would LOVE to see and play with the foot control graver some. Feel free to call me at 419 705-9773. Perhaps I can drive out to take a look and maybe try it out. I am thinking of (and saving for) the portable palm control air graver that you can use the "paint ball" canisters for, but to play with a foot control device would help me greatly to know if I want to take my work in this direction before I actually make such a large purchase.

Right now I am getting ready for a Christmas craft show, (my first independent booth!) so I will be taking some days off at my "day job" each week. I could certainly schedule a drive out. Thanks so much for your offer and I will look forward to hearing from you.

Teresa
Old 10-10-2010, 12:24 PM
Platinum

You can also run off CO2 using the foot control. Sure, it doesn't last as long but a 20oz tank will get you pretty much a day's work and it's easy enough to carry along a couple more.

Click here to see my portable setup using a foot-controlled Classic.

Steve :->
(KCSteve in most forums)
SVD's Photo Album