Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community

The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community
Discuss hand engraving using basic to the most advanced methods and equipment
Forum Members: 14,732. Welcome to our newest member, Miss Allison
EngravingForum.com - Domain since Feb 7, 2003

Graver Video Conferencing is empty Join now!

Go Back   Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community > Forums > Who's Who - Hand Engraving Forum
ENGRAVING TOOLS - Paypal accepted Classes Glossary Feedback Tips Sharpening Bulino Videos Forum Policies

Old 04-29-2008, 05:13 PM
Gold

Default Hello from New Mexico

Well, its about time for me to introduce myself. The name is Pat Pruitt, I am a metalsmith residing west of Albuquerque. I say metalsmith, but essentially Im a jeweler working with 316 stainless steel, somewhat of a self-taught machinist as well.

After years of research and finally acquiring the funding, I just recently recieved my Classic Palmcontrol unit yesterday (Thanks Steve!!) and just getting into the swing of things with it. I do know I have a multitude of hours to put behind it to get anywhere close to what you guys are doing on here.....but really looking forward to learning and sharing what I can.

If any of you want to see the work I do, you can check out the two sites (and two very different) forms of jewelry, www.customsteel.com and www.patpruitt.com

Anyhoo, its great to be here.
P@
Old 04-29-2008, 08:11 PM
Gold

Default Re: Hello from New Mexico

Hey Pat,

Welcome! I used to live in NM up in the Morino Valley near Taos. Now I'm back home in South Texas but still try to get back to the land of enchantment from time to time.

You will find this community to be a great resource for tips and inspiration. Congratulations on your new Classic. It is a truly amazing machine.
Old 05-02-2008, 12:19 PM
Gold

Yeah, Taos is an awesome place, and now its even cooler since they allowed snowboarders on the mountain.
Old 05-02-2008, 09:38 PM
Gold

Welcome Pat,
Good to see another New Mexican here on the forum. I live in the cold and windy high country just a few miles east of you. In the east mountain area in Edgewood. I dabble in jewelry as well but mostly as a hobby, more of a southwest silver style though. I checked out your website, you make some pretty cool and interesting jewelry. I am trying to learn engraving as well so maybe we can exchange tips from time to time.
Good luck,
Gene
Old 05-04-2008, 12:36 PM
Gold

Sure thing Gene, and if you ever want to swing out to the shop your more than welcome. Talking shop it always a fun pasttime.
Old 05-04-2008, 05:31 PM
Gold

Thanks Pat,
I would like to come by sometime and see your shop and your creations. I would love to lay eyes on your new Classic Palm Control too. I will send you a PM next time I going out that way and if its convenient for you maybe we can get together. Thanks for the invite.
Gene
Old 05-26-2008, 10:14 PM
Gold

hello
i am from around clovis new mexico...you will find more info here than you could ever want to obtain.....

i am new here but practice every chance i get . hope to see lots of ur stuff on here
Old 06-08-2008, 02:18 PM
Platinum

Wink Re: Hello from New Mexico

Welcome Pat. Good to have you on the page. I like your work. Very clean look. Hope you stay on and ask alot of questions. We don't always know the questions to ask so id someone else does we learn too.

Neil:yesnod:
Old 06-10-2008, 11:25 PM
Gold

Thanks for the welcomes guys...Yes, Ill be asking some questions im sure....

Currently im getting ready for a HUGE show in Santa Fe come August. I have had little time to actually use this fine piece of Lindsay equipment, but Ive already put the tool thru some testing. Stone setting is the next big thing for me, and with everything, tooling up is the hard part...all those little burrs are killing me...

I will say this, some templates based off of steves designs are really helping me with my inlay work. Making carbide *chisles* that I used to spend a ton of time sharpening them are now sharpened in a pinch. Ill be posting some photos and how I do stuff once I find time to photograph.
Old 06-13-2008, 06:20 PM
Platinum

Wink Re: Hello from New Mexico

Pat, we will be looking forward to seeing more of your work and I am sure that even though you have questions, you will have something to add to this forum.

Neil:yesnod: