Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community

The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community
Discuss hand engraving using basic to the most advanced methods and equipment
Forum Members: 13,459. Welcome to our newest member, sbelcher
EngravingForum.com - Domain since Feb 7, 2003

Graver Video Conferencing is empty Join now!

Go Back   Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community > Forums > Antique Engraver's Tools -Hand Engraving Forum
ENGRAVING TOOLS - Paypal accepted Classes Glossary Feedback Tips Sharpening Bulino Videos Forum Policies

Old 08-02-2015, 10:22 PM
Copper

Default Nooby needs help

I have acquired a Preis 2D-4 pantograph engraver which except for some cosmetic blemishes is in excellent shape i.e. no slop in any bearings, sound spindle, etc. Not surprising as it is built like a tank. My problem is the lack of any clear line for setting the reduction on the huge central slide which carries the pivoted support for the spindle. With both dovetail stops on the pantograph arms set exactly on the 3, I have tried many locations for the central slide, but moving the stylus along the straight edge of the copy slide always results in the spindle describing a shallow arc (some less shallow than others) rather than a straight line. Given the size and rigidity of the entire machine I cannot imagine why this occurs. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Old 10-05-2015, 10:02 PM
Platinum

Default Re: Nooby needs help

can you send a foto showing the panto arms ? if so, i may be able to help you out. the foto would have to be taken from above the unit, not the side.