PDA

View Full Version : New Lindsay Engraver in Bonnie Scotland

Turquoise Tiger
02-08-2015, 11:39 AM
Hi I am Maria, just bought my Lindsay kit and about to set off on the adventure of engraving.

With best wishes from Glasgow Scotland, UK.

SVD
02-08-2015, 12:25 PM
:welcome[1]:
Welcome to the forum! I think you're going to have a lot of fun!

PS_Bond
02-23-2015, 01:51 AM
Hi Maria -

What did you get? PC, Artisan...? And what are you going to do with it?

From a one-time Kelvinside Academical. :)

Turquoise Tiger
02-23-2015, 01:56 PM
Got an Artisan, and she is gorgeous. What a well made instrument. Spent the weekend building my own spherical vice for £25 and really pleased with it. So its all go. Four of us up here just set up a community forge, we've made a couple of knives and are making 4 axes just now, so the plan is for me to engrave our stuff. Think its going to be one exciting summer. What do you like to do?

MattyB
07-19-2016, 04:31 AM
Enjoy! Looks like we may be the only two in the UK :)

diaa-dumar
07-30-2016, 08:27 PM
Best wishes ,Good Luck

SEngraver
07-31-2016, 12:48 AM
Hi I am Maria, just bought my Lindsay kit and about to set off on the adventure of engraving.

With best wishes from Glasgow Scotland, UK.

Hello Maria
Welcome to the Engraving Forum.
SE:yo[1]:

PS_Bond
12-23-2016, 12:52 AM
Enjoy! Looks like we may be the only two in the UK :)

There's quite a few more.

JayBee
11-01-2017, 06:24 AM
Hi Maria,
I have just joined the forum to look for folks in the UK using the Airgraver, and found you:whoo[1]:

I am thinking about buying the classic Palm control graver, and all the necessary bits and wonder if you could give me a heads up on the import duty?
I know there will be VAT, sometimes there is another duty on top and I would like to know how much to expect if that is indeed the case.

It sounds like you just bought the hand piece which is not that heavy, I am thinking of buying the vise and compressor too which might sound daft but figure I will end up with all the right gear that way and only have to factor in the voltage on the compressor.

All any advise would be most welcome :thankyou[1]:

SEngraver
11-01-2017, 12:21 PM
Hi Maria,
I have just joined the forum to look for folks in the UK using the Airgraver, and found you:whoo[1]:

I am thinking about buying the classic Palm control graver, and all the necessary bits and wonder if you could give me a heads up on the import duty?
I know there will be VAT, sometimes there is another duty on top and I would like to know how much to expect if that is indeed the case.

It sounds like you just bought the hand piece which is not that heavy, I am thinking of buying the vise and compressor too which might sound daft but figure I will end up with all the right gear that way and only have to factor in the voltage on the compressor.

All any advise would be most welcome :thankyou[1]:
Hi Jaybee
If you go for the classic either pc or foot control set and a vice you you wont need much to start except a few assorted blanks and 5-7 sets of templates from Steve L.
And you get the best and fastest customer care I can assure you.
Welcome to The engraving Forum !
All the Best
SE:yo[1]:

JayBee
11-08-2017, 01:52 AM
Hi SE,

Thank you for your reply. If I am using the forum buttons correctly I think you are in the UK.
If so does the fitting (tube?) fit our UK compressors? or will I need to adapt?

:thankyou[1]:

Janet