PDA

View Full Version : Hello , newbie alert

John T Wylie Jr
12-18-2006, 11:44 AM
I just found this forum last night , from a link off of knife network. Engraving has always fascinated me , being a hobbyist knifemaker is a fun way to spend my spare time. I also recently dove into leather sheathmaking. I quickly found I enjoy sheathmaking as much or more than knifemaking.

Decided why not kick it up a notch and look into learning to do some type of engraving. :D Be a great way to get my son ( who loves to draw ) involved in the shop. And who couldnt use an assistant right ? :yesnod:

Been around knives for years , participate on many different forums , Custom Knives and Guns.com , Knifenetwork , Knifeforums , Badlands , etc.

Looking forward to spending many hours reading as much as I can.

Born in Pennsylvania , now living in Henderson ( just outside Vegas ) since 1986. Hope to meet some of you at either the Vegas show in January or Blade in Atlanta.

Steve Lindsay
12-18-2006, 05:35 PM
Welcome John,

Thanks for joining the forum and introducing yourself. I am an engraver in Nebraska. Mostly knife engraving and also engraved flutes for several manufactures and makers in the Boston area from '94 on. Recently stopped that and started thinking about making a knife again. I guess engravers want to make knives and knifemakers want to engrave. :lol:

Steve

Tim C
01-02-2007, 05:43 AM
Welcome, you will find lots of info here.
Ask questions, there are many people that can help you learn.
Good Luck !!!