PDA

View Full Version : Meet George the House Guest ...

WVEngraver
05-24-2012, 01:54 PM
This little guy has been here for almost a week. Didn't think he was going to make it but he's doing great now. His nest was destroyed by the hay sickle and then hit again by the hay rake killing his siblings yet miraculously sparing him. He was dehydrated and lethargic and had to be force fed kitten milk replacement mixed with water and Pedialite. A couple of days ago he seemed to regain his strength and curiosity and began eating the daisies and clover flowers that were put in his box. Everyone said the odds were against it. Friends told me to toss him away and forget .... don't waste your time or money ... that's life in the country, survival of the fittest, etc. etc.

Another week and I think he'll be grown enough to be set free. Although the circumstances were quite sad, it was a much needed and welcomed "distraction" from the tedium of engraving. So for another week, I'll be outside in my tactical pants, combat boots and cutoff Harley t-shirt picking daisies. lol.

Carol Carter-Wientjes
05-25-2012, 07:11 AM
Aww, this is a great story. Happy ending for George and some very Good Karma for you :-)

"I'll be outside in my tactical pants, combat boots and cutoff Harley t-shirt picking daisies." Hilarious!

SVD
05-26-2012, 05:33 AM
We'll be expecting him to pay for his keep by appearing in upcoming engravings.

WVEngraver
05-26-2012, 12:42 PM
Glad you guys enjoyed this story. He's an eating machine and just started eating the green parts of the flowers and spinach so as far as I know it's time to put him back where he belongs. He's gotten used to being picked up and held, as he had to be fed often, and I hope that doesn't hurt his chances of survival outside.

Gonna miss him ... but the circle of good Karma would be broken if I kept him. :)

Carol Carter-Wientjes
05-26-2012, 01:56 PM
Unless he's on your doorstep with a plate & a fork the next morning LOL "If you love something set it free..." you know the rest :-)

joseph engraver
05-27-2012, 09:10 AM
I knew you had a sweet heart.:cheers2[1]:

paulsph
05-27-2012, 09:13 AM
:yo[1]:Very nice, heartwarming story Chris! I'm glad George survived such a dramatically violent event in his early life, and that is thanks to your good heart & good care:hurray[1]::thumb[1]: Greetings, Paulsph:cheers2[1]:

WVEngraver
05-30-2012, 01:40 PM
Well guys ... the little guy was let loose Saturday evening. My goofball dog sure was jealous lol

Now that's funny Joseph. Ya just never really know ..... :)

SEngraver
05-30-2012, 01:47 PM
Well guys ... the little guy was let loose Saturday evening. My goofball dog sure was jealous lol

Now that's funny Joseph. Ya just never really know ..... :)
Hi Chris,

All I can say is RESPECT to you !
Well done the 'guest' sure got a new start.

SE:yo[1]:

mtgraver
06-05-2012, 01:38 PM
Chris
So how's George getting along? Is the mutt taking him for walks and snacks? Do you still lay awake at night with your BAR protecting Georgeland? Great to read the story but better to listen to you tell, great kudos my friend.
Mark