PDA

View Full Version : Hello

PaulH
07-12-2008, 07:16 AM
Hi, just wanted to say hello from the UK to everybody on the forum & thanks for letting me join up.

thanks, Paul H

Jim Snowdon
07-12-2008, 10:49 AM
PaulH, What part of the UK are you from? What type of engraving are you interested in? I'm new to the forum also and am looking forward to learning a lot.

PaulH
07-14-2008, 02:43 AM
Hi Jim,

I am located in Hampshire UK, what about you?, I have been interested in engraving for quite some time but haven't had the time or resources to do much about it until now as I have been busy setting up for metal casting which I am now doing full time.

I am completely gob smacked with what's possible with engraving especially after seeing what people are capable of here on the forum. I must admit I like the idea of whats possible with shading & textures so am chewing at the bit to get the learning curve under way.

I to look forward to learning a great deal.

nice to meet you Jim.... (so to speak)

Good Luck, Paul H

rbaptiste
07-14-2008, 03:05 AM
Welcome Paul ;-)

PaulH
07-16-2008, 02:09 AM
Welcome Paul ;-)

Thanks rolandbaptiste, nice to meet you...

rbaptiste
07-16-2008, 02:15 AM
Don't hesitate to post here ;-)

sonnyboy
07-17-2008, 06:33 PM
Hey Paul,
Nice to see folk from Ol' Blighty here. What kind of castings do you do?

PaulH
07-19-2008, 05:20 AM
Hey Paul,
Nice to see folk from Ol' Blighty here. What kind of castings do you do?

Hi sonnyboy,

I have been sand casting mostly with alloy & brass but have also been making my own steel moulds for stock for some time, (I'd like to move into & cover lost wax at some point also).

I am a panel beater by trade, although I have been making my living from graphic design, web design & pc tech for the last 10 years or so. At the end of 2007 I decided I wanted to learn how to cast metals which I have now been doing full time for around six months.

I have been wanting to learn to push engrave for some time so I can logo & serial number my work, I have wanted a classic palm control for ages but thought I would put as much time & effort into push engraving before buying a palm controlled classic. 99% of all my time & resources up until now have been spent tooling & setting up for casting.

nice to meet you sonnyboy, Paul H

sonnyboy
07-24-2008, 01:59 AM
Hi Paul,
Look forward to seeing some of your work. Get cracking on the tutorial submission, as it will be good lessons to learn (for me).