View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 06:59 AM
Platinum

Default Re: Mike Dubber "Speitzer" Graver Point Template set

Thanks Phil for reminding everone about commissions - sharing graver geometry for these various Lindsay Templates is not-for-profit for the engravers who willingly share their ideas about gravers that work. And as for Steve Lindsay, he spends countless hours devloping the Templates that duplicate and reapeat the graver designs we send to him. The big winners in this process are the folks who collect and experiment with the resulting Templates.

It's more about passing on all those little "secrets" of graver design we keep hearing about from time-to-time. The overriding point is that there really are no secrets and there are no absolutes. We will all surley have mixed success and failure when we try someone else's graver geometry. The fact is that a good measure of that success is found in the individual approach to engraving, and the skill of the user.

I've discovered some really cool things about graver geometry by collecting these various "Signature" Templates from my contemporaries. My Lindsay Template collection is a virtual "rainbow" of graver geometry! Each one of these templates will create a graver that works - the rest is up to you.