View Single Post
Old 04-26-2006, 02:25 PM
Steel

Default Re: Air Graver for wood?

Steve,

I think I may possibly be the fellow you were referring to regarding the use of your tool for wood. I sent you some info on various palm chisels that I have modified for use with the tool back when I bought mine, and had checked with you to see what your experience had been then or is you had any tools available. I mainly use my Classic for engraving brass and bronze banjo and mandolin parts, but have used it occasionally for some smaller wood carving, such as banjo heels, knife cases, hand made net handles, and other stuff I've done carving on. I just signed up for the forum today and saw this message. I have ground down a variety of tools to use in the handle, including various palm chisel veiners. It is an area that I want to experiment a lot more with. I haven't found the perfect tool or sharpening angle yet for the veiners. The main thing I've used it for is to do a quick outline of banjo heel carvings. On certain projects and harders woods such as rock maple and ebony, it's worked well.

Glenn Carson
Pennsylvania