View Single Post
Old 10-20-2013, 09:55 PM
Administrator

Default Re: Multi-Angle Omnigrind Template

Hi Mrthe and Piper,

There is no specific process with the template. It's meant to be an open ended way for people to experiment and make their own custom points.

While it would be possible to use this template to imitate the points from the fixed templates, I don't recommend using it for that simply because the fixed templates are quicker and more accurate. The idea behind the fixed templates is they are foolproof grinding the same point every time. An adjustable angle fixture won't do that as well. Before the template sharper system, I was using a custom made two angle adjustable fixture. That fixture design was hard to repeatably line up the angles each time for resharpening. The same will be true for the Omnigrind template. The fixed templates we already figured out makes life much easier.

What the Omnigrind does offer is room for experienced or adventurous people to try out their own ideas or custom points. If someone hits on a certain combination they like, let me know or send the graver sample and I can custom make a fixed template for it.
EngravingArtist.com