View Single Post
Old 01-21-2007, 07:52 AM
Administrator

Default Re: New PalmControl Burl Handles

Quote:
Originally Posted by point
Remember the difference between man and beast is his ability to assesorise.

Hi Phillip, I think you are right about photographing and letting people pick. The wood grain even from the same material varies a lot and so it would probably be best to let customers pick. The supplier is making more, some of them out of the same materials as these ten and some new ones too. Three of these in the first batch have a small chip or chips on the thin edge at the front. The supplier said he wasn't even going to send them along at first but then decided to include them, just so I could see the various burls available. Soon after Reno I should have the second batch and I can go through and photograph the flaws I see on any of them. The ones without flaws will be priced at $200 and the ones with flaws will be less. These woods are all stabilized throughout, before machining. None of the usual kind of wood finishing is required on the outside surface since they are finished all the way through. They drill, turn and polish similar to ivory.

Steve
PS... Did your tool reach Iraq yet? Phillip is a soldier stationed in Iraq. Thank you Phillip!