View Single Post
Old 04-07-2011, 10:14 PM
Platinum

Send a message via AIM to JRon
Default Re: what prompted you to buy an AirGraver

I was in my teens (late 50's-early 60's) and was quite busy pin-stripping and airbrushing hot rods. Moved to the suburbs, almost the country. I was working on a 57 chevy cov. with a continental spare, painting a supercharged turtle with slicks and helmet on it when my older gentleman neighbor from across the road came over to see what i was doing. He was in his 70's at that time, after a while he asked me to stop over and see him when I was done. Turns out he was a retired engraver and showed me some of his metal work. i was impressed. He offered to show me how to engrave and I took him up on it, doing silver Christmas holiday trays with Santa etc. He told me that durring the great depression he made more money than any other period in his life (those that have it will spend it on art). Started collecting Colts and S&W's, by the time I was in my 20"s I had a very extensive collection. Going to gun shows I came across engraved guns. then i met jack Prudhome from Shreivport, and that did it for me. Jack was a great help in getting me started. worked with H&C and Burin for years., Gravermiester got me started with power assis then gravermax and gravermach. THEN CAME LINDSAY it was like driving a Porche............There Is No Substitute!!!! I primarily use the Artisan because it has proved a great addition to my work on firearms. I started selling my work in 1968 and wished I had a Lindsay at that time no telling how much more I could have turned out. The quai;ity of the work with the Artisan speaks for itself, and there is no one better to do business with Steve Lindsay