View Single Post
Old 09-14-2015, 04:53 PM
Gold

Default Re: Lindsay Maintenace

the classic works fine for me.i,ve been using about 9 yrs now . had rebored and a tungsten piston made for it . i use a oil compressor like steve has on the tool list silent air . i have 2 filters on the tank and another on the set of guages at a higher level, above . i have cleaned the tool as prescribed several times internally with an alcohol swab . it works perfectly as new the day i got it back from the rebore. it did not idle as good as it did lately a couple weeks ago.it was not the way i was cleaning it . i looked down the bore with a bore light and saw a fine damp ring where the outer diameter of piston contacts the forward edge of the barrel. so i cleaned it again , this time bending the q tip at a 45 degree angle and rotating the barrel around it. after several yrs. the very light film of oil and air had made a very tacky spot between the piston and the hammering edge making it stick and not idle well . i cleaned this and it idles as good as the day he sent me the new rebore and i remember as he said that the rebore and new liner would idle to the point to where you couldn,t hear or feel it . it does. i run a tungsten piston all the time at 80 psi . john