View Single Post
Old 05-23-2007, 09:30 AM
Platinum

Default Re: pedal or palm control?

Hey Brian,

I'm sorry - I had a little too much going on the day you were here (with a full class)... or I could've shown you how I come out of the cuts. You're right, after using the foot control for 30 years - it's still hard for me to overcome some of the little habits. I still find my foot wandering around trying to find the pedal when I first sit down... and I've been using one for almost 3 years now? It's still early enough in your career to change habits.

Yes, it feels slightly different with a PC than a foot pedal, you have to resist that urge to shove harder - instead relax and lift it straight up and out of the cut. You'll get the exact same effect at the end of a wide bright cut.

My advice would be the same as what I tell everyone - start out with a foot version and then add the PC when it has paid for itself and you are used to the differences in systems.

I really like the portability of the PC. When Steve first came up with running them on CO2, he was running them on the little disposable cartridges.

It was my idea to run them on the larger refillable 20 oz. paintball tanks. Once Steve figured out an adapter that worked, it made a huge difference, and made the tool even more popular.

You'll also save money by not having to buy collets!

When are you gonna be back this way?

Brian P. Marshall
Stockton Jewelry Arts School
Stockton, CA, USA
209-477-0550
instructor@jewelryartschool.com
jewelryartschool@aol.com

Last edited by Brian; 05-23-2007 at 09:51 AM.