View Single Post
Old 05-16-2009, 01:28 PM
Platinum

Default The Dubber - Plumer 2009 CCA Colt

It was announced earlier on the Lindsay Forum that the 2009 Colt Collectors Association Auction Gun was in-the-works and that finished photos would be posted as soon as the gun was finished. I'm happy to announce that we have completed our work.

Doug Turnbull did the Charcoal Blueing and the parts arrrived back here yesterday. Meanwhile, Katherine Plumer completed her work on the ivory grips and they arrived at my studio today. I did the final assembly and took some photos for this posting. Ron Nott did the engravng on the turn screw and cleaning rod accesory set that will go with the gun and case.

The gun will now go for professional photography next and then on to Hartford to be entered into the Colt historical archives. The gun will appear on the cover of the Rampant Colt Magazine later this year and it will be auctioned at Concord, NC in October during the Colt Collectors Association Show.

To re-state history of the engraving and scrimshaw themes, the CCA, in association with the Colt Custom Shop, creates a specially Engraved Colt Fireram that is the central focus of their Annual Auction. The icons featured in the engraving, grip carving and scrimshaw honor the history of the host state - this year the Host State is North Carolina and the NC Committe selected The Wright Fyer, The Cape Hateras Lighthouse, and the WWII Battleship North Carolina (BB55) for the featured icons on their gun. It is also typical that the Host State motto is inlaid on the backstrap. The special serial number issued by Colt LLC is CCA 2009. The last photo shows the gun with Ron Nott's engraved accessory set.

Mike Dubber and Katherine Plumer

Last edited by MikeDubber; 05-16-2009 at 04:00 PM. Reason: Corrections and Additions