Thread: SikaStag
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2010, 10:11 AM
Gold

Send a message via Skype™ to SikaStag
Default Re: SikaStag

Hi Roger

Yes it is going to be hard slog for me, I am up for the challenge.

I am not saying I wont be one of the others that takes it up and then takes it no further after a while, only time can answer this.

I am lucky that as a school boy my best subject through out every year was Art, I had one teacher ask me to draw her a horse, which I did, she hung it in her house, I was 11 at the time. Unfortunately I did not keep up my drawing, I now wish that I had done so.

I am also lucky that I have a wife that is an artist, she has drawn in pencil and paints in oil and water colours, she will give me all the support and encouragement, of that I am sure. I am not the best at reducing picture size, they are small KB so like the first picture of the farm a lot of the clarity is lost, the farm picture is over 5mb true size.

You mention starting drawing scrolls Roger, Do I choose some scroll work from this site and free hand it or is there a book that would be of help with scroll patterns to chose from.

I am a complete blank canvas when it comes to engraving. I think reading all the info on here will be better understood when I actually have an engraver to put the theory in to practise.

I have included some of my wife's paintings, The pictures do not do them justice, better viewed for real.

Ian
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2915.jpg (37.8 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2917.jpg (48.7 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2918.jpg (26.9 KB, 20 views)