Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community

The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community
Discuss hand engraving using basic to the most advanced methods and equipment
Forum Members: 14,732. Welcome to our newest member, Miss Allison
EngravingForum.com - Domain since Feb 7, 2003

Graver Video Conferencing is empty Join now!

Go Back   Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community > Forums > Lindsay AirGraver Info - Hand Engraving Forum
ENGRAVING TOOLS - Paypal accepted Classes Glossary Feedback Tips Sharpening Bulino Videos Forum Policies

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2010, 06:49 AM
Administrator

Default AirGraver warranty info

It has come to my attention that two people are attempting to sell a modification to the foot controlled AirGraver and a competitors product. It consists of a $15 needle valve that they are offering to sell for $90. It is being done by a person who has one of the first foot controlled AirGravers that I made and sold in 2000. He must not have realized it but this add-on is not necessary for tools made from 2001 on since innovations and improvements to the idle were made and patented for this (Patent 6,530,435 , filing date Dec. 2000, idling an air impact power tool). In fact, it is infringement to offer to sell a product or technology for the purpose of it being used on a product or technology in a manner that is patented. 35 U.S.C. 271 Infringement of patent.

In addition to being unnecessary, using any add-on to the AirGraver will void your AirGraver warranty. If owners of the first AirGravers (sold in 2000 with a toe press only type pedal rather than the later heel/toe pedals) would like I can supply a replacement needle valve for $15. Another option for the units from 2000 would be to order the current foot control setup since the improvements in 2001 are incorporated with the current foot controller setups.

For stippling of background or scenes rather than using the foot pedal, the idle of the tool can adjusted with the AirGraver's needle valve as described on page 4 of the manual, the engravingschool site and on the forum. Here is a thread on the forum about it: http://www.engravingforum.com/showth...=2792#post2792

Again, purchasing a 3rd party add-on for your AirGraver will void the warranty. I can not recommend or endorse a modification to my product and then continue to support it when it does not work as it should.

If you see posts concerning this issue, feel free to email or post a link to this thread by copying and pasting the above text or copy and past this link: http://www.engravingforum.com/showthread.php?t=6546

AirGraver.com
EngravingArtist.com
Closed Thread