Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community

The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community
Discuss hand engraving using basic to the most advanced methods and equipment
Forum Members: 14,732. Welcome to our newest member, Miss Allison
EngravingForum.com - Domain since Feb 7, 2003

Graver Video Conferencing is empty Join now!

Go Back   Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community > Forums > Who's Who - Hand Engraving Forum
ENGRAVING TOOLS - Paypal accepted Classes Glossary Feedback Tips Sharpening Bulino Videos Forum Policies

Old 12-22-2010, 11:24 AM
Copper

Default Hello from Massachusetts!

Hi!

My name is Kevin Bergin, and I've got to say that I'm amazed by all the work I see here! The craftsmanship that is involved in your hobby or profession is unbelievable.

I guess I'm posting because I'm looking for a good place to start. I'm completely green to what you do- I'm a sign maker / graphic designer, but since I started in the last 15 years, everything I've done has been digital. My drawing skills are horrid, and although I understand the backbone concept, I'm having trouble translating it into a final drawing. Are there any good internet references you've come across for drawing scrolls? After I've consumed all the internet material that's out there, I'll start adding books to my library- I've recently picked up Drawing on the right side of the brain and it's been very helpful!

Once I get my drawing skills up to the point that I'm proficient, are there any forum members who would be willing to let me sit quietly in the corner and soak in some information to get acclaimated?
Old 12-23-2010, 12:56 AM
Gold

Default Re: Hello from Massachusetts!

Welcome to the forum
Old 12-23-2010, 04:46 PM
Platinum

Send a message via AIM to JRon
Default Re: Hello from Massachusetts!

Kevin:
The Ron Smith book on scroll design and the Art of Engraving by James B. Meek are a must. Look into joining F.E.G.A._JR